English Language Courses for Young People (Aged 12-17)
Our English courses for young people in Brighton (U20) is designed for students between the ages of 12-17. Brighton is the perfect place for this age group, being a lively and young city, but small enough to not get lost as you explore walking around.
Brighton has so many cool places to hang out; the beach, the pier, beautiful parks, a shopping mall with all the major brands, to name a few. Also, there are two large universities in Brighton meaning so many local businesses are aimed at the young student population. There's plenty of fun to be had in a relatively safe, diverse and community spirited city.
The U20 programme is held at our school on Holland Road which has a large garden with seating which is used for welcome and farewell parties and other outdoor activities. Holland Road is a couple of minutes from the beach and walking distance from Churchill Square Shopping Centre, a popular hang-out for this age group. We also have a student lounge for rainy days, where we hold karaoke nights, films, quiz and games nights and where students can eat, socialise and practise their English with their new friends. Holland Road is also seconds away from Western Road, from where buses can be caught to all of the main destinations in the city. The street itself is residential so is perfect for younger people.
The English courses for young people integrate all of the language learning skills: reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation. Communicative tasks, project work and intercultural activities provide a fun learning framework. The teacher ensures the materials are suitable for the class and their needs.
Our homestay option is great for students who want feel part of a home living in Brighton. They experience the culture and home life by living, eating and talking to their hosts. Students share a room with another student of the same sex.
We also offer a summer campus in the high season, allowing our students to stay in the university area of Brighton.
Junior (U20) students have a leisure programme included in their package. Sprachcaffe Languages Plus trained 21-30 year old 'teamers' design weekly leisure programmes for the students with a range of activities aimed specifically at the students who are taking the English course for young people in the school at the time, accounting for their interests, ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. The majority of the activities are included within the price of the package but there are often optional additional activities which require a small fee (for example £40 for a day trip to Oxford). Students are kept updated about the leisure programme on a weekly basis.
We are very happy to arrange a transfer between London Heathrow airport or London Gatwick airport and Brighton. Please inform us of your full flight details at least 4 weeks in advance and arrange arrival and departure flights for between 9am and 7pm. Start making friends and practising your English as soon as you step off the plane.
- Arrive on Sunday and depart on Saturday (Homestay - host family).
- Arrive on Sunday and depart on Friday (Residence at West Beach Hotel)
- The minimum booking for our English courses for young people in Brighton period is 1 week.
- Please ask about level and place availability before booking.
- You can choose an intensive course as a part-time course for 10 x 45 minute lessons per week = 7.5 hours per week. Please contact the school for further details.
- The maximum number of students ranges between 8 and 15 participants, we reserve the right to increase class sizes in exceptional circumstances
- No students below the age of 18 are accepted onto any other course
- For accommodation suggestions whilst taking your Intensive English course in Brighton with us, click here